GALEO & GALEO Impact Fund
Hybrid – Full-time
- Bachelor’s in Communication, Journalism, Graphic Design, Marketing, Political Science or another related degree (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- English (Required)
Full Job Description
Program Coordinator for Communications
The GALEO LCDF & the GALEO Impact Fund are seeking a Program Coordinator for Communications to help support the expansion of the organization’s communications program. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with experience working on grassroots issues, advocacy or electoral campaigns. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Director of Communications to produce high-quality and engaging content that supports the organization’s goal of registering thousands of Latinos to vote, developing Latinx leaders, and fighting to uphold and expand Latino voting rights and participation in the democratic process.
Primary duties include creating informative content for distribution across various print and digital mediums, press releases, articles, presentations, and other media-related and public-facing content. The successful candidate will be a culturally fluent communicator with strong presentation and organizational skills.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Support state-based campaigns; increase social media and stakeholder engagement; maintain a pulse on current events and drive messaging.
- Assist in writing a wide range of communications materials–– press releases, op-eds, social media copy, toolkits, blog posts, and other web content.
- Assist team with proofreading and supporting content creation.
- Assist in researching and running social media metrics reports for various campaigns.
- Provide cross-functional support for all communications needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with local reporters, influencers, and journalists.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications.
- A great fit for someone who wants to work on building coalitions through communications and establishing a high-functioning social media program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Strong background in, or strong familiarity with, civic engagement organizing and/or political campaigns.
- A self-starter who can hop in on projects and contribute ideas from the start.
- Candidate must be fully bilingual (conversation and written communications) in both English and Spanish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and the ability to work collaboratively with a close-knit team
- Ability to work independently and produce quality content with minimal instruction.
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines and providing fast turn-around of quality communications.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to meet project needs.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours when necessary
- Proficiency with Google suite
- Proficiency in Canva
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Familiarity with photography and video editing
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please email a cover letter, resume, one writing sample in English and one writing sample in Spanish, and three professional references to Alba Villarreal at email@example.com. No phone calls or inquiry emails, please.
- Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis. This position is a full-time hourly position and will remain open until filled..
GALEO LCDF and GALEO Impact Fund are equal opportunities/affirmative action employers. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, HIV status, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to the Director of Communications
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Communication skills: 1 year (Required)
- Social media marketing: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- English (Required)
Salary & Benefits:
GALEO offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Full range of competitive benefits are included at this link.
Salary range: $17 – $19 per hour based upon relevant experience.
GALEO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, low-income people, women, gender non-conforming, and LGBTQI people to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application deadline is December 29, 2022, with interviews to follow on a rolling basis and concluded by the end of December 2022. The preferred start date is January 2023.